Banana Bread is magical. This is a gluten free protein packed banana bread topped with shredded coconut. Rather than using refined sugar, I used coconut sugar and added a 1/2 cup of paleo protein powder for some extra protein. Although it was 11:00pm when I finished baking the bread, I had to have a sample.
Coconut Banana Bread (GF) (Makes 1 – 9×5 loaf pan)
- 2 Bananas (Mashed)
- 1⁄3cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Redmill)
- 1/2 cup unflavored protein powder (I used Paleo Pro)*
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or line with parchment paper a 9×5-inch non-stick loaf pan.
- Cream together mashed bananas, oil, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add flour, protein powder, xanthan gum, salt, and baking soda to egg mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, cover with shredded coconut and a little coconut sugar.
- Bake 9×5″ loaf for 1 hour
*Do not feel like using protein powder? Use 1 3/4 Cups of Gluten Free Flour